It is used to achieve a high quality surface of tubes and to remove surface defects after tube rolling.
Grinding of the tubes from 9 - 140 mm.
- The tube is driven by guide rollers and travels along a series of grinding belts
- The tube is guided along a series of grinding belts with the help of guide rollers at a speed of up to 30 m / min
- With a small amount of material removed, a surface quality up to Ra 0.4 can be achieved.
- The grinding runs under water emulsion or dry
Grinding of the tubes over 140 mm
- The tube is rotated by radial steadies and the grinder with driven grinding belts moves along the tube. Tube length up to 14 m
- 2 pieces of grinding belts ensure a material removal of up to 0.5 mm from the surface when the grinding belts run twice along the tube
- The grinding runs under water emulsion